Credentialing Specialist JobIrving, TX
NorthStar Anesthesia is seeking a Credentialing Specialist to join our team.
This role offers the flexibility to be hybrid based in Irving, TX.
A Smarter Career Investment
NorthStar is the fastest growing anesthesia management company in the U.S. We run successful anesthesia programs with more than 2,500 clinicians across 20+ states. Whether you're a physician, CRNA or office professional, NorthStar is a great place to invest your career.
- Short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- 4 weeks PTO
- 10 paid company holidays
The Credentialing Specialist will provide, first class credentialing, re-credentialing, and onboarding to our providers caring for our patients. This person assures the credentialing of healthcare providers is conducted in accordance with organizational and operational policies and procedures as well as monitoring applications and follow-up as needed to facilitate enrollment for the hospital, CRNAs and Physicians
What you will do in this role
- Assist in ensuring that NorthStar complies with US federal and state income/franchise
- Collect and maintain copies of current state licenses, DEA certificates, malpractice coverage, and any other required credentialing documents for all providers.
- Prepare credentialing and re-credentialing applications on behalf of providers for submission to managed care companies and other agencies.
- Follow application processing, as needed, until completion; provider is granted privileges at the hospitals/facilities.
- Send notifications to health plans and hospitals/facilities regarding provider changes, including changes to names, service locations, and addresses.
- Maintain the credentialing process by using a credentialing database/tracking system.
- Inform Lead Credentialing Specialist regarding the status of departmental operations and provider credentialing issues of concern.
- Ensure the credentialing process complies with organizational as well as accrediting agency, Federal and State regulatory standards.
- Maintain knowledge of current health plan and agency requirements for credentialing providers.
- Communicate with state licensing representatives, supplying time sensitive information promptly.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with providers, management, staff, and contacts outside the organization.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and manage multiple priorities.
- Ensure facility and provider credentialing meet Joint Commission Standards.
What qualifications you will need
- High School Diploma or equivalent required. Associates Degree, and, CPCS certification preferred.
- Minimum of one to three years of work-related experience in the field of credentialing/MSO (preferably healthcare related)
- Computer database skills and word- processing, required. Proficient use of Microsoft Office applications (Word and Excel), and internet resources.
- Experience using Provider Credentialing software systems or Provider Data Management systems
Fast growing. Dynamic team culture. Your chance to shine.
As a corporate employee in the healthcare field, you understand that our industry is changing rapidly, and you want to be a part of those positive changes. Founded in 2004 by an anesthesiologist and a CRNA, NorthStar Anesthesia is the fastest growing anesthesia management company in the country, and we have built a foundation of anesthesia expertise unparalleled in the market. Our corporate culture emphasizes collaboration, appreciation, mutual respect, and accountability. We put patients at the center of everything we do; and our corporate team works to support our clinicians so that they can provide world class anesthesia care.
"The best part about working at NorthStar is the people. In my opinion, we have some of the most knowledgeable, innovative, and hard-working professionals in healthcare. Across all departments, clinical and non-clinical, I have always been impressed with the talent within our organization. "
Landon Owens, Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition and Strategy
Join NorthStar as a Credentialing Specialist and invest in your career! Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will follow up with you.
NorthStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We are committed to having a workforce that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action Employer.