Director of Benefits JobIrving, TX
NorthStar Anesthesia is seeking a Director of Benefits to join our team.
This role offers the flexibility to be hybrid with a preference for candidates local to the DFW area.
A Smarter Career Investment
NorthStar is the fastest growing anesthesia management company in the U.S. We run successful anesthesia programs with more than 2,500 clinicians across 20+ states. Whether you're a physician, CRNA or office professional, NorthStar is a great place to invest your career.
- Short term disability
- Company paid long term disability
- Company paid life insurance and AD&D insurance
- 401K plan with company match
- Pet Insurance
- Generous PTO
- 10 paid company holidays
The Director of Benefits will plan and direct the overall strategy, design, communication, and implementation of NorthStar’s employee benefits programs. This role advises, consults, and serves as a member of the HR Senior Leadership Team in the development and execution of short-term and long-range plans and budgets based on broad organizational goals, strategic planning, and growth objectives.
What you will do in this role
- Direct Benefits Strategy
- Benefits Oversight & Management
- Standardize Policies & Procedures
- Compliance Oversight
- Vendor Management
- Team Leadership
What qualifications you will need
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university; Bachelor’s or advanced degree in Business Administration, Human Resources, or a related discipline preferred.
- Minimum five (5) years of experience leading Benefits and/or HR teams
- CEBS professional designations preferred.
- Experience managing Benefits in an HRIS system; Workday preferred.
- Prior experience managing both self-insured and fully insured plans preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Deep subject matter expertise in Benefits administration.
- Solid understanding of benefits law including IRS Code, ERISA, PPACA, COBRA, HIPAA, Section 125
- Comfortable working with senior management, ERISA counsel, vendors, auditors, and consultants
- Ability to identify the best solutions/programs based on alignment to business strategy.
- Establishing Customer Service standards
- Communications (verbal and written)
- Individual Leadership/Influencing
Fast growing. Dynamic team culture. Your chance to shine.
As a corporate employee in the healthcare field, you understand that our industry is changing rapidly, and you want to be a part of those positive changes. Founded in 2004 by an anesthesiologist and a CRNA, NorthStar Anesthesia is the fastest growing anesthesia management company in the country, and we have built a foundation of anesthesia expertise unparalleled in the market. Our corporate culture emphasizes collaboration, appreciation, mutual respect, and accountability. We put patients at the center of everything we do; and our corporate team works to support our clinicians so that they can provide world class anesthesia care.
"The best part about working at NorthStar is the people. In my opinion, we have some of the most knowledgeable, innovative, and hard-working professionals in healthcare. Across all departments, clinical and non-clinical, I have always been impressed with the talent within our organization. " - Landon Owens, Sr. Director of Talent Acquisition and Strategy
Join NorthStar as a Director of Benefits and invest in your career! Apply today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will follow up with you.
NorthStar is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. We are committed to having a workforce that celebrates diversity, equity, and inclusion. We are an Affirmative Action Employer.